Executive Director – Remote
We are searching for a passionate, driven and energetic Executive Director to lead the Guelph Wish Fund Team!! We are offering an opportunity to join an organization with a recognizable impact in the community and a solid reputation. With the full support of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead innovative change to the Guelph Wish Fund operations that will propel the execution of the strategic plan and increase the profile of our growing not-for-profit organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic planning and successful implementation of all operations & Wish Fund related programs within the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. This full-time remote position offers flexibility and an array of responsibilities and duties that include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Act as the organization’s key spokesperson and representative to the community, government and media.
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of the Wish Family program and regularly evaluate and collect feedback to maximize value to the children and families involved in the program
- Collaborate with the Board in developing an overarching program strategy and implementation plan to guide the organization towards vision and goals.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on finances pertaining to the Wish Program and frequent updates on the children that are involved in the program.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's people, property, finances, goodwill, and image and inform the Board or any internal and external issues.
- Prepare and present proposals and operating plans to the Board for review, discussion and approval with respect to any potential, new initiatives that would help the organization achieve its mission, vision and goals.
- Follow up on all meetings, including preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
- Manage a team of Wish Fund volunteers as needed to assist with the families
What we look for:
- Relevant post-secondary education and/or experience in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Past success working independently, remotely and a self-starter.
- Visionary leadership and experience at an operational and financial level including budgetary oversight and strategic planning.
- A strong client service orientation and proven experience building successful relationships with donors and community leaders in the not-for-profit sectors.
- Experience reporting to and working with the Board of Directors.
- Entrepreneurial approach with a proven track record of fundraising development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and a passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
Why you want to work here:
- Not for profit is your passion.
- Community involvement gives you the warm fuzzies.
- Liaising with our Wish Fund Families is exciting to you.
- Putting a smile on a child’s face, making a difference in a child’s life is important for you to be part of.
- You are passionate about our mandate, to ‘make life a little happier’ for Wish kids in our community.
- Providing great customer service, and excellent relationship management is something you thrive on.
- You get a thrill from staying organized and details are your “thing”.
- Being part of a great Organization such as this has been your dream.
- You want to work for an established and growing charity that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are fulfilled in your life.
Salary: $65K start - Full time
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration by September 1st, 2021