Join an organization committed to bringing happiness to families in Guelph and Wellington County for 40 years!
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Purpose: The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
*Note: All staff and contractors for the GWFC work from a home office base. Hours are ~37.5-40+ depending upon GWFC events and the activities of the wish families.
· Collaborate with the Board in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization. Update it every 3yrs, at min.
· Implement the plan and monitor progress towards vision and goals. Recommend changes to the plan, as necessary.
Program / Outreach
· Oversee the day-to-day delivery of the Wish family program and regular evaluation to maintain or improve quality.
· Ensure that Wish family files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
· Lead the necessary efforts to fulfill wishes, as appropriate. Engage with community, suppliers, partners, and volunteers as required to deliver wishes.
· Ensure that all programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
· Oversee and manage the Scholarship program (2022-present: paused)
· Oversee and manage the Non-Profit Support program (2022 – present: paused)
· Meet regularly (weekly, at min.) with and oversee the work of the Fundraising/Marketing Coordinator, to ensure activities raise visibility and promote the services of the organization via event promotion, social media, quarterly newsletter, appeals, and website management/maintenance.
· Perform annual review(s) with the aim of improving the work environment, optimizing performance, and the enrichment of organizational culture.
Fundraising and Donations
· Oversee the work of the Fundraising/Marketing Coordinator, including to set annual goals, establish event budgets, create/advise re promotional collateral.
· Create a fund development plan, linked to the operating plan and budget, with clear actions and targets and a diversity of funding sources.
· Identify and evaluate prospects, solicit potential donors and sponsors.
· Manage or delegate donor relations, including cultivation and acknowledgment as required.
· Remain current on all CRA legislation, principles and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
· Provide support to the various committees (prize solicitation, golf, online auction, gala) as needed.
· Participate in fundraising activities and events, as appropriate.
Operational Planning & Management
· Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its Wish families, Board, donors and funders.
· Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization, including all record-keeping of wish accounts.
· Work with the Finance Committee to develop an annual operating budget which supports the operating plan.
· Oversee the work of the contractor-accountant to ensure regular reporting and accounting procedures are in accordance with the organization’s requirements.
· Manage the organization’s investment portfolio within the limitations of the approved investment policy.
· Meet quarterly with the Treasurer to review the administration of the funds of the organization according to the approved budget, and to ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed for Wish program expenditures.
· Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
· Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
· Ensure the organization builds and sustains relationships with families, donors, funders, government representatives, politicians, and other community-based agencies to help achieve the organization’s mission and goals.
· Explore and where feasible, build strategic partnerships that will advance the interests of the organization.
· Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization.
· In conjunction with the Board Chair, act as the organization’s key spokesperson and representative to the community, government and media.
Board of Directors Support
· Foster effective team work between the Board and staff.
· Identify, assess, and inform the Board of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
· Prepare and present proposals and plans to the Board for review, discussion and approval with respect to any potential, new initiative that would help the organization achieve its mission, vision and goals.
· Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate.
· Work with the Board to organize and follow up on all meetings, including preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
· Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the fundraising revenues, Wish program expenditures, and investment portfolio of the organization.
· Maintain Policy and Board manuals to ensure compliance by all directors and the organization with CRA regulations.
· Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's people, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
· Ensure that the Board and the organization carry appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
· Ensure that the Board understands the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance coverage.
How to apply
Interested applicants please send résumé and cover letter to HR@guelphwishfund.com by February 9th, 2024